Smtp Port 25 Blocking Project

Head Guru

I have been asked by several clients to look at running smtp over another port other than port 25. This is due to the fact that many ISP's are blocking port 25 thus rendering send mail inoperable.

As always, TCH listens to the client base.

I have started to work out the details on this project.

I am working on what server to use as a test bed.

If I could get some some beta testers that would really help.

Please respond here if your willing to ( and would not need the technical guidance to report your email client) become a beta tester.

I just need to pick a server then we can start testing this work-around.

I will be watching this thread over the next days looking for anyone willing to work with me on this project.

If things go well, we will port smtp to an additional port on all the servers.

Bill

Hey Boss,

I didn't list my server (#30) and I just sent email on port 26 so either I goofed up my settings or you went ahead and did them all.

I think the line that says "Outgoing server port (SMTP)" is pretty clear but you never know. :dance:

Ok I’m a little slow at replying, but everything worked fine.I sent to and from several accounts.

I still have a question though. Every email that I receive from my account shows up labeled as a SPAM ALERT. I use Outlook and Norton Internet Security. It is set to a low level so emails are only marked not deleted. My concern is some people choose to let them be deleted, especially some more aggressive IT departments that have to deal with high levels of spam. I have tried to figure out what causes this but I am at a loss for an answer.

While we're on the subject of mail sending issues.. I have this returned mail to show you folks..

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

calzuky@usa.com

SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<calzuky@usa.com>:

host usa-com.mr.outblaze.com [205.158.62.27]:

554 EMail from mailserver at 63.247.72.186 is refused. See http://spamblock.outblaze.com/63.247.72.186

Not sure if this is the right place to put this.. but this was a return mail from an attempted user-signup over at my site (digitalpimpz.com). Looks like this guy won't be getting his activation email.. lol.

Outblaze is stupid. We have already asked them to remove the mistaken blacklist, but they are to busy acting high and mighty.

TCH does not host spammers.

Outblaze is a group of incompetent admins that are to lazy to correct the mistake.

If you like we can move you to a new IP. But I give you my word we dont have out IP's blacklisted in the read world.

Honestly, brotha, I believe every word you are saying. They seemed like duller knives in the ol' knife drawer of life.. :)

As far as moving me to a different server, I'm not worried about it right now. That was just _one_ user out of 126 that have signed up since I officially opened just over a month ago.

As far as you guys supporting/not supporting spammers... if I thought you were supporting spammers, I wouldn't have purchased my service from you.. ;)

I know ya'll rock and you're smarter than to let some lamer use your systems to propogate spam around the world.

Glad to know you're aware of the sitch with them tho. That's all I wanted to find out.. :)

Rock Sign

Guest schussat

Thanks for making SMTP available on port 26 -- it's nice to have access to that, as I'm on Cox Cable, where port 25 is blocked. One problem, echoing the post from Kontos, is that I'm able to send email through it without authentication. In fact, I only just now figured out how to get authentication to work (I had to reset passwords in cpanel; probably a carryover from transferring my site from its prior host).

Should I submit a ticket on this?

-Alan

A follow-up to my previous...

couldnt telnet into port 26 on servers 39, 40 & 41 BUT could on server 38

Looks like I guessed correctly about your newer machines not being setup for port 26 yet ... or did I miss something?

I am hosted on 39 ... need an alternative to port 25, I have to use an ISP that blocks 25 AND refuses SMTP relay to msgs from email addresses belonging to domains not hosted by them (even after authentication using my dial-up credentials) ... :blink:

Thx

I have a question.

I have moved to TCH in the last few days, from Webcountry hosting.

I am trying to set up some of my Forms, using Ultimate Form Mail V 1.5 and a couple of other Perl scripts, Matts and NMS.

I have started with the php form mail first, the two test forms that I have worked great the first day, I had the recipients set to webmaster@rjskon.com and rjskon@cs.com in the config.php script and I had the webmaster@rjskon.com forwarded to rjskon@cs.com , I use the CompuServe mailing system as my main E-mail, so I don't have to play around with Outlook Express.

Like I said, everything worked great including the "Forward" mail for the first day.

But today I am receiving the message below from CompuServe neither the recipient or the Forwarded mail is working.

Is there anything that I can do to eliminate this problem?

Any help would be appreciated.

Richard

[This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its

recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

rjskon@cs.com

SMTP error from remote mailer after initial connection:

host mailin-02.mx.aol.com [64.12.138.89]: 554-(RLY:B1) The information presently available to AOL indicates this

554-server is generating high volumes of member complaints from AOL's

554-member base. Based on AOL's Unsolicited Bulk E-mail policy at

554-http://www.aol.com/info/bulkemail.html AOL may not accept further

554-e-mail transactions from this server or domain. For more information,

554 please visit http://postmaster.info.aol.com.

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

Return-path: <rjskon@cs.com>

Received: from nobody by server40.totalchoicehosting.com with local (Exim 4.24)

id 1AB52h-0004v4-9u; Sun, 19 Oct 2003 00:19:47 -0400

To: rjskon@cs.com, webmaster@rjskon.com

Subject: Message From The PHP Form

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: multipart/mixed;

boundary="==Multipart_Boundary_xa74590d0125497560ead743f51943108x"

Message-Id: <E1AB52h-0004v4-9u@server40.totalchoicehosting.com>

Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 00:19:47 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--==Multipart_Boundary_xa74590d0125497560ead743f51943108x

Content-Type:text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Name: Richard

Comments: Test

----------------------- Headers --------------------------------Return-Path: <>Received: from rly-xi06.mx.aol.com (rly-xi06.mail.aol.com [172.20.116.12]) by air-xi04.mail.aol.com (v96.10) with ESMTP id MAILINXI43-71b3f928bc12fc; Sun, 19 Oct 2003 09:04:14 -0400Received: from server40.totalchoicehosting.com (server40.totalchoicehosting.com [63.247.77.66]) by rly-xi06.mx.aol.com (v96.8) with ESMTP id MAILRELAYINXI65-71b3f928bc12fc; Sun, 19 Oct 2003 09:04:01 -0400Received: from mailnull by server40.totalchoicehosting.com with local (Exim 4.24) id 1AB52h-0004vE-Hv for rjskon@cs.com; Sun, 19 Oct 2003 00:19:47 -0400X-Failed-Recipients: rjskon@cs.comAuto-Submitted: auto-generatedFrom: Mail Delivery System <Mailer-Daemon@server40.totalchoicehosting.com>To: rjskon@cs.comSubject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to senderMessage-Id: <E1AB52h-0004vE-Hv@server40.totalchoicehosting.com>Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 00:19:47 -0400X-AntiAbuse: This header was added to track abuse, please include it with any abuse reportX-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - server40.totalchoicehosting.comX-AntiAbuse: Original Domain - cs.comX-AntiAbuse: Originator/Caller UID/GID - [47 12] / [47 12]X-AntiAbuse: Sender Address Domain - X-AOL-IP: 63.247.77.66X-AOL-SCOLL-SCORE: 0:XXX:XXX-AOL-SCOLL-URL_COUNT: 0

]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...