Answers..lol Php-Nuke Updates

rdelp

Greetings,

I have the site www.Livewxradar.com

I am kinda the last man standing (the weather guy) The Site was created many years ago, using php-nuke and before that I don't even remember what was used. The guy that site it up is no longer around. I have limited knowledge of scripts, just enough to figure out how to change headers, do things in phpAdmin to make page changes.

I cannot find any update/upgrades on php-nuke.org. I wrote them they say there will be an update soon, but most have gotten that same response for years.

My concern is, a server update/grade knocked out my site, and it was quickly restored (go team TCH!) but I see a post about more upgrades coming and I am not sure if my site will be able to survive another update/grade.

Is this something I need to worry about? if, so, what on Earth (or any other planet) do I do next??

I looked at the Joomla and WP I don't see how to make the same type of layout. The index page has the like menu/bar on the right side with information, the rest of the pages are like a normal or basic php. I don't know how to make the index page. I think that is my biggest problem, is just figuring out the code for that main page to keep the same idea. The weather warnings part, needs its own side, it grows as more warnings are placed.

I tried setting up nuke fusion, on a subdomain so I could play with it and maybe find a similar template, but I cannot access the admin page,

from what I see on the web that problem is like 5 years old, so I don't have much hope for that CMS being up to date.

Is it what exactly is updating? I need to know is something to do with database? or the actual php language? I don't know what I am looking for,

and to pay someone crazy amounts of money is nuts. The page is only getting like couple bucks a day with that ad stuff on it.

Does anyone know of a php site templet that is similar to my page

The main page needs the left and Right Side bars plus the header / footer for the index.php the rest of the pages can be

just the left side bar and the header and footer.

I can't find templates for Joomla or WP that keeps that form.

I feel time maybe running out and I have no real solution other than to move sites to another hosting company if my page is not updated. I am still not sure if any server update this year will cause a problem, but the main post on your site suggests clients may be affected.

Not sure how well that will work. You do have php-fusion on the Cpanel. Will that be compatible with the server upgrades later this year?