Concluding Pre-sales Questions

donb

To the Tecks at TCH

I have spent almost a year researching web hosting providers that would best suite my needs. Through "Find MY Hosting.com" and their comparision charts I keep comming back to TCH as my benchmark. I therefor have concluded my search and I've decided on TCH as MY Web Host Provider.

Having thoroughly gone through all of the Pre-Sale FAQ's, test drove the cpanel, viewed the PHP stuff etall, and read TCH terms, I think that most of my pre sale questions have been answered. As a newcommer I'm confident that TCH will do some handholding (baring the terms of paragraph 2.2 terms) to get me started and pointed in the right direction to successfully operate my web site.

The objectives of my web pages are directed towards the Philatelic World (Stamp Collecting)and all manner that embraces it. So here are some questions that I need answers to.

I intend on running PHPAuction LX software along with my web pages written with MSFrontpage 2002.

Will there be any conflicts running these two software packages?

Can I get help sorting out placement on the server? IE: PHPAuction LX in root directory or subdomain or does it matter or are there prior choices to be made.

Can someone at TCH take a look at PHPAuction LX site and determin that I've made the right choice of TCH plan (IE: Delux Plan) allowing future growth of the auction site.

What arrangements must be made with TCH to have the PHPAuction people install the auction software?

Also my Domain name is parked at GoDaddy what do I need to do to change domain name servers at GoDaddy?

With these questions I'm sure that there will be more to come as things progress.

If these questions can be sorted out and answered in the next several days I would like to start my plan purchasing process.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

DonB

Hi Don,

Will there be any conflicts running these two software packages?
I have searched their website and can find nothing on Front Page, hence we can not answer this question. I do urge that you find something different to Front page as its not the best html editor in the world. However, front page will work on our servers too.

Can I get help sorting out placement on the server? IE: PHPAuction LX in root directory or subdomain or does it matter or are there prior choices to be made.
You will need to work this out before you commit to the install. Although we don't offer help with 3rd party software, if after you have read everything and given it a try and your still having problems, we may be able to help you. I would suggest that have several sections of your website, like ordering, auction, help desk or whatever, that you make them into subdomains.

Can someone at TCH take a look at PHPAuction LX site and determine that I've made the right choice of TCH plan (IE: Delux Plan) allowing future growth of the auction site.
I should see no problem with the current package. However, its impossible to work it out how much your site will grow by and hence predict what you will need. For the time being, yes that should be fine, and if you need too, you can always upgrade. Just simply drop a help ticket in, and we shall upgrade you without you having to move any accounts.

What arrangements must be made with TCH to have the PHPAuction people install the auction software?
Far as I can see, none.

Also my Domain name is parked at GoDaddy what do I need to do to change domain name servers at GoDaddy?
You will need to login to your godaddy area and change the domain name servers to the name servers we supply you with in the welcome email. The propagation through the net will take about 72 hours during which time people will be able to see either site.

By all means ask more questions!

Jim

Thanks for the quick replies Jim.

Regarding your suggestions on folders/sub domains is there any info that I can check out to see how I should setup/organize my web site before any uploads are made?

If things do get messed up can things be changed/reorganized through cpanel?

Regards,

DonB