What Is Tch Doing To Prevent Ip Blacklisting Of It's Servers?

BrianB

So as of yesterday (2-APR-2013) server jarjar is being "blacklisted" by some email recipient servers (frontiernet.net in my situation).

I was told in the helpdesk ticket that "there is nothing TCH can do about it".

As a paying, AUP-compliant customer (with 3 separate accounts, no less), I think that is a bad answer.

I would like to know what TCH plans to do to improve customer service in this area. (Is Head Guru listening?)

For instance, why can't TCH, after dealing with the abusing customer, change the IP address of the server and update DNS? Why doesn't TCH have a few IP addresses in reserve for a rotation program to support this?

I understand there are going to be customers who come in and violate the AUP, but come on, why should my enterprises be punished for that with no recourse?

Bill?

While there is nothing TCH can do to protect you from an unsavory client on the same server as you there is still something you can do yourself. Get a dedicated server which will get you an IP address for only your server. Spammers are dealt with as they are discovered.

To clarify what should have been said, there is nothing we can do about the outrageous amount of block lists with varying reasons/protocols for blocking nor is there any thing we can do to remove a block from SenderBase directly.

About what we can do:

For instance, why can't TCH, after dealing with the abusing customer, change the IP address of the server and update DNS? Why doesn't TCH have a few IP addresses in reserve for a rotation program to support this?

It is actually much simpler for us to accomplish than that, with very few *side affects and it would only be changed long enough to allow the shared IP of that server to "cool off". This can be done with a simple change of two files on the server, and is a common setup when we need it. Considering the frequency of the recent blocks on this server, there is no reason why it has not been requested by our techs to have this implemented already, while continuing to work the issue.

Thank you bringing this to my attention and I have already requested our Support Manager implement this change immediately.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had to submit numberous support tickets for my site on the Picard Server, the only responce I ever get is "sorry" we'll unblock it, after awhile that isn't the answer I want to hear espeically when I'm trying to send email to an important client and it gets kicked back for being blocked. I've directly requested more action everytime I submit a ticket and will again the next time it happens - only this time I'll include a link to this post so they can see that more can be done!

• 1 month later...

Having trouble with Frontier again just as OP. Senderbase email rep for dantooine is poor.

"554 Access from 208.76.80.81 has been rejected."

Found this post with Google, there did not seem to be a proper trouble ticket category at the Help Desk.