Can't Set Up Email Using Imap

blacksmith

I ran the script to configure my email client (iMac Mail) for IMAP. Can't get mail. It keeps asking for my password. I changed my password for the existing POP email in cPanel, but it still won't go through. What do I have to do to get this thing to work? I've tried everything I can think of.

Do I have to create a new email account on the server? I'm using the same email address for the IMAP email as the existing POP account in my client software.

No matter what settings I use, I keep getting the message: "The IMAP server “mail.tchmachines.com” rejected the password for user “me@****”". I've changed the password in cPanel to an easy one so that I'm sure I'm using the correct password.

The mail setting on my compugter defaults to 993 when I select the SSL box. I've tried both 993 and 995.

The script I ran puts the "@" sign after the username, but the help text that tells you to use a "+" sign after the username. Which is correct??? I've tried both.

Should I have "INBOX" in the IMAP path prefix box? I've tried it with and without.