jberg

Email - Contact Forms And Dns Settings

Hello, I'm having an issue that I wonder if anyone can help me with. Currently I have my DNS set to send email requests to a different server (MX record), and website requests to TCH (A name). My website is built in Drupal and I have some forms that are set to send to an internal email @mydomainname.com. The forms never come through.

Now if I set the forms to send to an external email on a different server the forms come through fine (even other TCH servers). Could this be an issue with some setting on the TCH server or account? When Drupal (php) is trying to send email to an internal email address it doesn't realize that the MX record is different and just tries to keep the email internal (email lost). But if it sends it to external address, then it works fine (email comes through).

I had this issue come up on another host once, and I had to send the form out to a gmail account which then forwarded it back to my internal email address. Then the email came through.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Support Ticket fixed my issue.

For anyone else that has this problem here is what they did.

"I have routed the mails of yourdomainname.com to its exchange server and the mails originating on the hosted server will be routed to the correct exchange server now."

TCH is great!

If you are using an external exchange server and hosted on another server, it is possible that the mails generating from the hosted server try to deliver locally, as the default MX settings is to deliver the mails on the same server. Its needed to set the correct MX records on the hosted server and add the domain on a file [/etc/remotedomains] that contains a list of domains that will have their email hosted at another server.

If you have the same issue with any domains hosted with us, just drop a ticket to the help desk.