Emptying Email Trash

I have over 1000 emails that are in the trash but apparently not deleted.

Is the correct way to remove them from the server to mark them as deleted and then purge them?

Is there a way to delete these emails with one command rather than having to go page by page delete them and then purge them?

Thanks

If all emails already are in the trash you should only need to click purge.

Thanks for your response.

I must admit to some confusion about this so perhaps this is just cockpit error.

I'm looking at the email in the trash using Horde.

When looking at the list of emails I note two things:

Each has a checkbox

In the bottom right of the window there is an action labeled "Purge Deleted". This requires that you check the box on each email and before clicking the "Purge Deleted" button. Once clicked it appears that items are purged.

I don't see a button for Purge that will just erase what is in the trash.

I'd appreciate it if you would point me in the right direction.

Thanks

I took a quick look in the options for Horde and it looks like you can only tell Horde how many emails per page you want it to show and not "all" as I thought, (ie you can set it to 20, 40, 41 or how many you want).

I would personally perform what you want to do in Squirrel mail instead since there is an "Select all" option there. Then you would not have to do page by page.

I took a quick look in the options for Horde and it looks like you can only tell Horde how many emails per page you want it to show and not "all" as I thought, (ie you can set it to 20, 40, 41 or how many you want).

I would personally perform what you want to do in Squirrel mail instead since there is an "Select all" option there. Then you would not have to do page by page.

Thanks for the advice.

I still have a problem because for some reason, and this is part of my confusion, I can see two trash folders.

The emails I want to delete are in a trash folder that is contained within the inbox. There is no purge command alongside that folder.

There is another trash folder at the same level as the "inbox" and that has a purge command.

I'm confused as to why there are two trash folders and how to manage each of them.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks