Phpbb 3.0.7-Pl1 Released

phpBB 3.0.7-PL1 has been released.

This new version addresses a security issue which was introduced in 3.0.7, unfortunately the issue wasn't noticed during testing and has only surfaced a week after the release of 3.0.7.

Read more / Get it at: phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2014195

Fortunately, I was a little slow to update too. I have to manually modify a couple of custom style templates, so it always takes me a few days to respond when a new phpBB release is announced.

The automatic update package for 3.0.6 to 3.0.7(PL1) worked really well. I have a heavily modified board, and all the code changes merged without conflict.

• 1 month later...

I had 4 forums to update and two updated successfully using the auto updater, however the other two got the same error.....

Notice: Undefined index: LOG_DELETE_TOPIC in /home/***/public_html/birdforumsite.com/language/en_us/common.php on line 877

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/***/public_html/birdforumsite.com/language/en_us/common.php:877) in /home/***/public_html/birdforumsite.com/install/database_update.php on line 175

Line 877 is

$lang['LOG_TOPIC_DELETED'] = $lang['LOG_DELETE_TOPIC'];

The comments over that line....

// Two language keys with the same text were used in different locations

// LOG_DELETE_TOPIC is the correct one, this line is here so that existing

// log entries are not broken. Ensure it is included in your language file.

ACP log shows database was updated though. Should I be concerned? Thanks!

Edited by TCH-Thomas
See follow up post.

I had 4 forums to update and two updated successfully using the auto updater, however the other two got the same error.....

Notice: Undefined index: LOG_DELETE_TOPIC in /home/***/public_html/birdforumsite.com/language/en_us/common.php on line 877

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/***/public_html/birdforumsite.com/language/en_us/common.php:877) in /home/***/public_html/birdforumsite.com/install/database_update.php on line 175

Line 877 is

$lang['LOG_TOPIC_DELETED'] = $lang['LOG_DELETE_TOPIC'];

The comments over that line....

// Two language keys with the same text were used in different locations

// LOG_DELETE_TOPIC is the correct one, this line is here so that existing

// log entries are not broken. Ensure it is included in your language file.

ACP log shows database was updated though. Should I be concerned? Thanks!

It is not easier to ask on phpbb.com forum? Someone had the same problem. Look: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2014235&start=15