My Web Sites Are Now Parked On Go Daddy + No E-Mail

Hello everyone.

When I woke up this morning, I was unable to send or receive e-mail from my domain.

When I checked my web site and related sites (i.e. SMF boards, Word Press blog, etc.), on each of them, I saw ads for Go Daddy, saying my site has been parked.

I tried to submit a help desk ticket, but was unable to.

That's why I'm posting my problem here--I have no other way to communicate with TCH at this writing (except by phone).

To the very best of my knowledge, my account is active and paid in full. I just received an e-mail a day or two ago, as a reminder the billing cycle for me starts on the 1st.

I'm assuming this is probably a temporary glitch on TCH's end, but I'm just wondering why I see blurbs for Go Daddy where my web pages should be.

Should I just wait patiently, or do I have a problem that needs more serious attention?

Thank you!

Jd

Sorry, Jd, I have no idea what has happened but you can open a ticket with the help desk using this link. https://ssl.totalchoicehosting.com/supportdesk

Click on Submit a ticket. Just don't use a domain email address when you open the ticket so you can get the response. Use a Gmail, Hotmail or your ISP email account.

Help Desk says my domain has been updated as of today, but I have to contact my domain registrar for further details.

I thought TCH was my domain registrar. I did everything through them.

The only thing I can think of is this: Maybe my domain was up for renewal, and it was set to renew automatically, but the previous credit card expired.

Or I was hacked, maybe?

How do I contact the domain registrar, if it's not TCH?

Thank you.

Jd

Edited by JDanniel

It looks like to me your domain name has been hijacked.

I reviewed the Whois History for your domain name and see that you were listed as the owner on 12-21-2009. Then it appears just as of today the domain name has been placed into another individuals name. So something is not right.

Here is the WHOIS as of now:

Registrant:

Phil Charais

2817 Whitegate Dr

Fort Wayne, IN 46805

United States

Domain Name: JDANNIEL.COM

Created on: 19-Dec-06

Expires on: 19-Dec-10

Last Updated on: 30-Jan-10

Administrative Contact:

Charais, Phillip

Phil Charais

2817 Whitegate Dr

Fort Wayne, IN 46805

United States

2604023687 Fax --

Technical Contact:

Charais, Phillip

Phil Charais

2817 Whitegate Dr

Fort Wayne, IN 46805

United States

2604023687 Fax --

Domain servers in listed order:

NS57.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

NS58.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

Please contact our domain partner at the following number:

24x7 Technical Support

U.S. (480) 624-2500

24x7 Billing Support

(480) 624-2515

Any one in the support team can assist you.

Let me know what happens and if you need help resolving this. It was not any error on the part of our domain partner, it simply appears your domain was hijacked or expired, entered redemption and was resold. The domain team will assist you.

You should call asap to sort this out.

Bill

Okay, it's resolved.

Sort of.

This was my fault. The domain expired...the contact information was old. The credit card info expired. So, I lost the domain.

OH well. Well, I just registered jdanniel.net, so it looks like I have to start completely from scratch.

Thanks for posting the information. The domain wasn't hijacked. It was my fault.

Jd

Edited by JDanniel

You don't have to start from scratch. Your hosting account should still be intact. Open a ticket with the help desk and have them change the domain name to the new name and point the nameservers for the new domain to the ones given to you by tech support.

Well, now I'm confused.

I didn't think this through, I admit. I signed up for an entirely new hosting account, when I registered the new domain this morning.

Now, I'm not sure if I have TWO hosting accounts. Was it necessary for me to sign up and pay for a new hosting plan, when I already had one? It sounds like I didn't have to. So, how do I go about cleaning this mess up?

Do I just submit a help desk ticket, have them point to one of the accounts, and cancel the new one?

Thank you!

Jd