Ip Deny Quirk?

marlene

I have denied a specific IP address via the IP Deny feature in Cpanel to prevent unauthorized access to a particular webmail account. The unauthorized user has the current email account password. Changing the password is not an option at this time as it is being used at a different IP location and I would open a can of worms if the password was changed. :)

The denied IP is still able to access webmail apparently, as I see the IP in my logs as getting a 200 served up for the webmail. At least it appears as though it is getting into the webmail because the log entry looks the same as the other users accessing the webmail.

Does the IP Deny in Cpanel deny IP access to webmail? If not, have I no other option than to change the password?

marlene

• 2 months later...

Hi, I need help with some issue i had.

One of my clients outlook is bad configured and constantly try to log into the mail with something wrong, as a result of this cpanl deny acces to this ip adress every time this happnes. The thing is that He claims that have look into every outlook configuration and find nothing, Does anyone knows what is happening and how to fix this problem?

Thank you very much