TCH-Bruce

Wordpress 2.9.1 Update Released

WordPress 2.9.1 has been released.

Read more about it here ht*p://wordpress.org/development/2010/01/wordpress-2-9-1/

When will WP 2.9 or WP 2.9.1 show up under Fantastico for us to update our web sites?

That is out of TotalChoice's control. But you can always upgrade through the WP administration panel or manually upgrade which is how I've always done it.

When ever Fantastico decides to release it.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I thought I was previously told by someone to only use Fantastico for updating WP. If I can update WP directly from the WP panel, that's great, as that's what I do for other websites host outside of TCH.

Fantastico will never be quick to release updates for newer versions of packages. That's why I prefer to do manual installs. But with WordPress having it's own update facility built-in (that works) I would use that instead of waiting for Fantastico.

I agree on what Bruce says, just want to add one thing.

I don´t know if the Wordpress people have solved it but earlier the built in upgrade function, created a folder named "upgrade" in /public_html/wp-content/ that it did not remove/empty after the upgrade.

If upgrade fails, remove this folder and try again and it should work.

I've always used Fantastico for previous upgrades, but the Automatic Updgrade on Wordpress Dashboard updated with no problems. That will be my choice for future upgrades. I was willing to try it because I guessed that that if I made a backup before the upgrade and the upgrade didn't work, the folks at TCH would be able to rescue me.

Just curious ... when doing WP updates from the WP dashboard, do you manually disable your WP plugins, or does WP do that automatically when upgrading