Sign in to follow this  
TCH-Thomas

Wordpress 2.9 Released

WordPress 2.9 has been released.

Read more / Get it at: wordpress.org/development/2009/12/wordpress-2-9/

Anyone else upgrade to 2.9 yet? Do you use the scheduled post function? I had one scheduled to go up yesterday when it didn't I went to look and saw "Schedule missed" below the post. I googled and found this was an issue when 2.7 was released and there were fixes for it but those fixes didn't seem to be the problem this time. I found one post that said to run my-domain/wp-cron.php from the web browser which did make the post appear. Just wondering if it was a one time occurrence of if it's going to keep happening.

Not sure this will help but you can try:

semiologic.com/2009/12/21/wp-2-9-three-bugs-and-how-to-fix-them/

I just know that I can't auto-update to 2.9 for some reason. If you're having an issue, I'll wait to update.

I just know that I can't auto-update to 2.9 for some reason. If you're having an issue, I'll wait to update.

I don't bother using the auto-update feature. Takes longer than doing it the old way. Just download the zip file and upgrade it manually. Takes less than 10 minutes.

You should atleast upgrade to 2.8.6 since both 2.8.5 and 2.8.6 were security releases as I remember.

Those patched files Thomas pointed to worked just fine. No problems with yesterday's scheduled post. Thanks Thomas! :)

I don't bother using the auto-update feature. Takes longer than doing it the old way. Just download the zip file and upgrade it manually. Takes less than 10 minutes.

Auto-update typically takes only a few seconds to do. It just seems to lock up with this update for some reason. At least I'm up to 2.8.6, so I should be good to hold out for a little bit.

Version 2.9.1 is around the corner according to weblogtoolscollection.com:

WordPress 2.9 was released last weekend. Yesterday, I was notified that 2.9.1 is most likely around the corner due to some issues that arose because of a last-minute addition to the core of WordPress. The issues revolve around scheduled posts not firing because the cron scheduler ends up broken.

Read more: weblogtoolscollection.com/archives/2009/12/22/2-9-1-around-the-corner/

Let´s hope they find something more to patch in 2.9.1 so you have your free time over Christmas covered. :)