Sign in to follow this  
Mydnyte Syn

Unable To Overwrite Image Files

I have Joomla 1.5 installed on my domain. I added a component called Gary's Cookbook. I want to overwrite one of the image files in this component, but when I try this - either via FTP or in the directory - the overwrite/upload fails and I get a funky message:

Upload Status

move /home/xxxx/xxx/Cpanel_Form_file.upload.jahdVAfXuTeV1XQf to /home/xxxx/public_html/site/components/com_garyscookbook/images/home.gif failed: Permission denied

home.gif (home.gif): upload succeeded, overwrote old file.

Now, though it says at the end that the upload succeeded, it actually didn't. Also, I cannot delete the original image and upload the new one. I did go to the support forum for this module, however, most of it is in German. The posts that are in English didn't help in solving this issue for me.

My cookbook is here. If you look at this page, I just want to overwrite the home.gif image with my own to get rid of the original. Now, I did read at the Gary's Cookbook site in their Help/FAQ section that this is allowed. They just ask that the links at the bottom of the page remain intact. Fine, that's cool. I just want to replace that Gary's Cookbook home.gif but the directory won't let me.

Would somebody here be able to tell me how I can do this?

Edited by Mydnyte Syn

It´s probably just an ownership issue.

Please open a ticket and ask the techs to change the ownership of the files and folder in question.

To overwrite things on the server like you want, the files and folder needs to owned by you and not by the server as it seems to be in this case.

Please open a ticket with the help desk. Most likely the ownership is set to 'nobody' which means you don't own it and can't overwrite it. The techs can change the ownership back to you.

Okay, great, thanks guys :)