Wordpress Install Problem

Hi All,

I am trying to install Wordpress. Followed the instructions I found on the forum, but I keep getting this...

My link

Then I get an email from TC saying that there was a request for a DNS change and it will take 24-48 hours, could this be the reason Wordpress cannot find the page? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

MB

Hi,

I'm setting up another blog and thought I had this wordpress installation figured out but still won't work for me. This is the url I am using

My link

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

MB

sorry i am actually using this link and still not working. have doubled checked db name, user name and password.

http://208.76.82.89/~xophuth/wp-admin/install.php

It sounds to me that either the database name, username or password is incorrect in the wp-config.php file.

Also, make sure a database has been created (and user added to the db) in cpanel with the same db name, username and password as entered in the above file.

It sounds to me that either the database name, username or password is incorrect in the wp-config.php file.

Also, make sure a database has been created (and user added to the db) in cpanel with the same db name, username and password as entered in the above file.

Hi Thomas,

I agree it does sound that way, but I rechecked everything numerous times and it still would not work. I'll check it again tonight after work. Maybe I'll find the error after I've been away from it for a while.

Thanks,

MB

I see the error that Bruce mentions now.

A whois also tells me that the nameservers are set to different hosts:

Name Server: DNS3.TOTALCHOICEHOSTING.COM

Name Server: DNS4.TOTALCHOICEHOSTING.COM

Name Server: NS8.another_host.COM

Name Server: NS9.another_host.COM

I don´t know if that will be a problem, but you might want remove the other host so you eliminate a potential problem.

i checked the file manager in the cpanel and the files did not upload to the www folder. i used filezilla which i never used before and it confused me. is there anyway to get the file manager reset back to how it was before i uploaded anything? it is a mess right now. :helpsmilie:

The easiest would probably be to ask the Techs to clean it for you.

And as a side note, the files should be placed in the public_html directory and not in www.

that's what i thought but when i looked at the cpanel of the other wordpress blog i have setup they were all in www, and that blog works fine.

I see the error that Bruce mentions now.

A whois also tells me that the nameservers are set to different hosts:

I don´t know if that will be a problem, but you might want remove the other host so you eliminate a potential problem.

I think it is a problem because if you go to the URL it is pointing back to the old site My linkwhich is hosted at Yahoo, the domain is also registered there. This is what Yahoo says on their Domain Management page...

"You can create up to four nameserver entries. Enter new nameserver addresses or edit the existing nameserver addresses below. Yahoo!'s name servers must be listed as Primary and Secondary in order for Yahoo! to host your domain services properly. If you add to or replace Yahoo!'s default nameservers, you will disrupt the services that Yahoo! provides."

Type: Nameserver Hostname:

1. Primary

2. Secondary

3. Additional

4. Additional

So I have my total choice nameservers listed as 3 & 4, and Yahoo's as primary and secondary. That doesn't seem right. :helpsmilie:

Thanks,

MB

I had the file manager reset and uploaded all the files like I did in my first blog and I am still unable to install Wordpress. Double checked dbname, username, password, if anybody is up to helping me with this one I would appreciate it. Can't figure it out.

http://208.76.82.89/~xophuth/wp-admin/install.php

Much appreciated,

MB