Wordpress 2.8.4 Released - Security Release

TCH-Thomas

Hey, I updated and now am having an issue with one of my Wordpress sites (I have 2 and the other one is fine)...

When I click on the article header, I get a 404 error:

"The requested URL /2009/08/12/trailer-watch-jennifers-body/ was not found on this server." (it's any one of them, not just this article)

Here is the Wordpress URL:

http://cinemanicchronicles.moviemansguide.com/

We're able to post and the posts show up on the front page but none of the actual links for them are working. Have any of you guys run into this?

Edit: I just realized this is yet another update. I was only at 2.8.3, I'll see if this fixes it...

Edit 2: Ok, upgraded and error still there. Would appreciate any help.

Edited by TheMovieman

It sounds like a problems with the permalinks to me. Redo/update them please and see what happens. :wallbash:

Unfortunately I don't have my .htaccess file set to writeable and cannot find it in that folder (my other blog has it). And when I created it with the code Wordpress gives me to make those changes, I get a Forbidden error so I deleted that .htaccess file (the page now loads fine).

No, what I meant was once I deleted the .htaccess file, I no longer got the Forbidden error, I still get the same 404 errors as I did before...

Edit: Ok, I just uploaded a blank .htaccess file and the permalink thing updates (via wp-admin) but I'm still getting the error. I had asked the Help Desk about it and this is what he said:

"I have checked and found that "category" is missing under public_html. So please upload that directory under public_html using file manager or ftp. Please try it now and get back to us if you need any further assistance."

I don't quite understand this especially since my blogs are in two separate directories and my other blog does not contain a "category" directory either...

Edited by TheMovieman

Which folder do I need to remove? And just to note, I don't think he was talking about permalinks, at the time I was getting these errors and didn't mention permalinks.

Since my one blog didn't have a .htaccess file, I created a blank one, placed it in the blog's folder and made it writeable. Then I went into the permalinks section on the admin page and tried updating (it says it did) and I'm still getting the 404 error. I'm not sure what happened either because it was working earlier this week... Thing is, my other Wordpress site is working just fine.

Edited by TheMovieman

Anyone know why one would start getting a blank page after upgrading to *.4?

I'm frustrated, and it's late. Not important, since it's just my whining, but annoying to me.

http://blog.danvoyles.us

You have a plugin that was causing the issue, it is most likely not compatible with the latest release. I have renamed the plugin's directory to "statpress-broke", this essentially disables it and your blog is now loading correctly.