Wordpress 2.8 Released

TCH-Thomas

What kind of problems are they having?

It may just be tied in with plugin updates, but I think I've read a few reports of some installations being corrupted with the auto-update (file-wise, not the database, as far as I remember).

Either way, the auto-update hasn't worked for me for 2.8 yet. You'd think something would happen after 15 minutes. After all, how long does it take to download a file of only a few MB?

I'll keep looking into the latest version and, possibly, will just manually update.

Hi all,

Having problems with plugin updates:

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/187786/...36#post-1103644

This is what I get:

Downloading update from http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/goog...cator.4.2.1.zip.

Unpacking the update.

Warning: unlink(/tmp/google-analyticator.4.2.1.zip) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in /****/*****/public_html/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-upgrader.php on line 146

Incompatible archive PCLZIP_ERR_MISSING_FILE (-4) : Missing archive file '/tmp/google-analyticator.4.2.1.zip'

Any chance the issue is on TCH's end? This feature (Plugin Autoupdate) has always worked wonderfully. The main WP autoupdate has worked too, but not for 2.8, I did it manually.

Thanks!

-kj-

I doubt it's a server issue. My guess is the update installer is not finding what it's looking for. I had the same issues with the sociable plugin. I downloaded and upgraded manually. Not everything automatic works the way it should.

Hi Bruce, thanks for the reply, it's just that the automatic plugin upgrades have been working for MONTHS (all of them) and now NONE are working after the 2.8 upgrade, and I'm not alone. Just wondering if anyone else here on TCH has seen the problem or knows of a fix other than manual upgrades, which I'd like to avoid. The autoupgrade feature is SO nice...

I agree the auto update feature is nice. Haven't had any plugins myself needing updated since loading 2.8 so not sure if it's an issue with Wordpress or not. But if you think it's a server related issue please open a ticket as they would be the only ones that could check.

Hi Bruce, thanks for the reply, it's just that the automatic plugin upgrades have been working for MONTHS (all of them) and now NONE are working after the 2.8 upgrade, and I'm not alone. Just wondering if anyone else here on TCH has seen the problem or knows of a fix other than manual upgrades, which I'd like to avoid. The autoupgrade feature is SO nice...

We are aware of this issue as I experienced the same problem with my blogs. I have found the source of the issue, although its more of an overzealous security setting than it is a server issue. Basically this security setting is eating the temporary archive that WordPress is creating during the update.

We are currently working to adjust this security setting and it will be corrected today.

We did get this change pushed out and you shouldn't see that error again.

Thanks for the quick work! Unfortunately on NCS-Tech.org I still get:

Downloading update from http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/goog...cator.4.2.1.zip.

Unpacking the update.

Warning: unlink(/tmp/google-analyticator.4.2.1.zip) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in /****/*****/public_html/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-upgrader.php on line 146

Incompatible archive PCLZIP_ERR_MISSING_FILE (-4) : Missing archive file '/tmp/google-analyticator.4.2.1.zip'

And on Storyofmysecondlife.com I get:

Unpacking the update.

Could not copy file /public_html/wp-content/upgrade/google-analyticator.4.2.1/google-analyticator/external-tracking.js

Should I open a ticket?

-kj-