Is it possible to have a CRON job (or other resource) that automatically deletes emails in all mailboxes on an account automatically according to a date?

For example: On the first of the month go through all email boxes and delete all emails that are more than 2 weeks old?

Any ideas or thoughts welcome.

The short answer is yes.

The longer answer is it would take some thought to make sure you aren't deleting files you shouldn't be, but it can be done.

Do you want to only delete emails in the INBOX? Or do you want to remove emails from other IMAP folders as well?

Do you want to remove emails that are unread as well? Or only those that have been read?

I would want to remove emails in all folders whether read or not. Thanx!

Howdy ... just following up ... any feedback on how to accomplish this as in direction or help with code to create job?

Haven't forgotten you. I just need to fully test out the concept before sharing it as I wouldn't want you accidently deleting files you want to keep. :)

Just been swamped with work and my daughter's 6th birthday this weekend. I'll get to it shortly.

Thank you and no hurry ... happy birthday to your daughter, too!