click

Tchstatus.com Uptime Numbers

Why do the uptime numbers at TCHStatus.com show 100% uptime for servers that were affected by last week's router glitch? Was the route from hyperspin not affected or have the numbers been altered?

The only time these numbers are changed by us is when we migrate a server, as the old server data does not apply.

The recent outage was major but it was not a complete outage and only affected our primary route. Therefore, hyperspin was still able to reach the data center after only a few minutes into the outage. We are aware of this discrepancy and are working with hyperspin to better detect outages of this type.

Cool. I was concerned when I first checked the reports and saw 100% uptime for servers that I knew had not been available 100%. I've dealt with hosts in the past that liked to proclaim uptime numbers that were taken from within the DC and therefore only reflected the status of the server itself and not the network infrastructure, internet connections, etc. which seemed to be responsible for most of their downtime. I didn't think TCH was doing that. For some reason, it didn't occur to me until I was typing the original post that hyperspin may have simply been on an unaffected route. It's reassuring to know that's all it was. My faith is restored (not that it was all that shaken.) lol

Nice response time dealing with last week's outage, BTW. Keep up the good work.