Sign in to follow this  
section31

Wordwrap On Tables

HI, is there any way to wrap some long word w/o any spaces. Lets say I make a table or css box 100 pixels wide and write something like a url (ex. http://www.blah.com/forums/index.php?&act=...=Post&blahblah) in there. Is there any way I can make the table or css box wrap that keeping the fixed width instead of expanding it?

If i'm not making any sense let me know. hehe

Thanks,

Dave

Hi,

The tag in question is not deprecated so whilst it will work, you should find another way of doing it

><TD NOWRAP>

Jim

Another option is to have a script that measures the number of characters in your string and then cuts off excess stuff.

This is great for displaying content input by users of a forum or other subscription service / online community.

So www.anysite.com/blah/dee/da.com becomes

www.anysite.com/bl...

I couldn't tell if this addresses your specific question, but it helped me compress content down and let the website visitor decide what content warranted further explanation.

Another option is to have a script that measures the number of characters in your string and then cuts off excess stuff.

This is great for displaying content input by users of a forum or other subscription service / online community.

So www.anysite.com/blah/dee/da.com becomes

www.anysite.com/bl...

I couldn't tell if this addresses your specific question, but it helped me compress content down and let the website visitor decide what content warranted further explanation.

Yup, it appears I'll have to do that....

Thanks for the tip.

Another way is to put a space in there so it will wrap it for you automatically, but that would mess up URL's and such.