Trouble Insatlling Gallery

greatfolios sysop

this is the error page that I get when I try to install gallery

Warning: main(../config.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/billmcco/public_html/gallery/setup/index.php on line 18

Warning: main(): Failed opening '../config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/billmcco/public_html/gallery/setup/index.php on line 18

Warning: main(../config.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/billmcco/public_html/gallery/setup/write.inc on line 70

Warning: main(): Failed opening '../config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/billmcco/public_html/gallery/setup/write.inc on line 70

Warning: mkdir(): No such file or directory in /home/billmcco/public_html/gallery/classes/gallery/UserDB.php on line 35

Error: Unable to create dir:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/billmcco/public_html/gallery/classes/gallery/UserDB.php on line 99

(any help would be appriciated!)

www.billmccord.com

Rock Sign

Bill,

I went to the Total Choice Hosting help site,

looked at third party apps, gallery install instructions.

downloaded gallery

and copied the install instructions 'How to Install 'Gallery' (Detail Instructions)'.

I pasted them into my text editor, and followed it a step at a time.

I did name the album folder, album, and had to back up and rename it albums.

then it all worked.

I think these instructions are clearer than the ones in the tar file.

Yes, KW has done a great job with the install instructions. When I tried to install it, that was my first stop to see instructions I could really understand. Only problem I've ever had with Gallery, is if you decide to get rid of it, make sure that all your permissions (CHMODing) have been reset so you have permission to alter the files, or you'll have a problem with them clogging up your account's trash folder.