Coreftp Problem: I Need Help Please

Hgoodies

I install core ftp in order to upload my website. Every time I try to connect, I keep having this error message: Can't establish connection --> 72.169.183.3:21:21 @ Thu Mar 26 22:37:38 2009 (11004-100)

The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found.

Please help me, what am I doing wrong?

You have the port listed twice, remove the extra :21 from the end of your IP address.

Thank you for your response but I still have the same error message:

Can't establish connection --> ftp.webhostinggoodies.com:21 @ Thu Mar 26 23:29:26 2009 (11004-100)

Thank you for your response but I still have the same error message:

Can't establish connection --> ftp.webhostinggoodies.com:21 @ Thu Mar 26 23:29:26 2009 (11004-100)

Please how do I remove :21 from the end of your IP address because I have it at ftp.websitename.com

Please how do I remove :21 from the end of your IP address because I have it at ftp.websitename.com

I have change it but there is still an error message Can't establish connection --> 72.169.183.3:21 @ Thu Mar 26 23:46:49 2009 (0-5)

Connect socket #1136 to 72.169.183.3, port 21...

I have change it but there is still an error message Can't establish connection --> 72.169.183.3:21 @ Thu Mar 26 23:46:49 2009 (0-5)

Connect socket #1136 to 72.169.183.3, port 21...

Now, I have the following error message:

Started on Friday March 27, 2009 at 00:02:AM

Resolving www.****...

Connect socket #764 to 69.7.179.232, port 21...

220 WEB05 FTP server (Version 1.5) ready - 1

USER ---------@****

331 Password required for -------@**** (4d647b4dfbf78d2b).

PASS **********

530 Login incorrect.

This sounds like you have your login credentials incorrect.

Looks like you are trying to log in with the non root (default) account i.e. an account you manually set up. So maybe double check you got your username and password correct

If it is the root then the username and password will be the same as your cpanel username and password I believe.

If you are logging in with a user you have created then the username will be slightly different, it is usually username@domainname.ext (ext being the .com, .co.uk etc etc) and whatever password you set in cpanel.

Welcome to the forums Hgoodies :D

Are you trying to FTP to your domain using your cPanel ID or a user that you set up for FTP purposes?

If using you cPanel ID it is just your cPanel ID and password for same. If it's for a user that you added then the login must contain user@your-domain.ext and the password you created for the user.

Also be sure you are setting your FTP connection to use Passive mode.

This sounds like you have your login credentials incorrect.

Looks like you are trying to log in with the non root (default) account i.e. an account you manually set up. So maybe double check you got your username and password correct

If it is the root then the username and password will be the same as your cpanel username and password I believe.

If you are logging in with a user you have created then the username will be slightly different, it is usually username@domainname.ext (ext being the .com, .co.uk etc etc) and whatever password you set in cpanel.

Thank you for your reply. I tried CuteFTP but I am having the following error message:

The connection failed due to an error or timeout.

1) Please verify that the destination host name or IP address is correct.

2) Increase the connection timeout threshold under Global Settings | Connection.

3) Switch to the opposite data connection type (PASV or PORT) under Site Settings | Type tab.

Please, I need help.

Welcome to the forums Hgoodies :D

Are you trying to FTP to your domain using your cPanel ID or a user that you set up for FTP purposes?

If using you cPanel ID it is just your cPanel ID and password for same. If it's for a user that you added then the login must contain user@your-domain.ext and the password you created for the user.

Also be sure you are setting your FTP connection to use Passive mode.

I am setting yp for FTP purpose I used the same hosting login information with my hosting account and I still cannot connect. I decided to try CuteFTP and I have The connection failed due to an error or timeout.

1) Please verify that the destination host name or IP address is correct.

2) Increase the connection timeout threshold under Global Settings | Connection.

3) Switch to the opposite data connection type (PASV or PORT) under Site Settings | Type tab.

I really don't know what else to do again.

• 2 years later...