Moving Wordpress Blog From Root To Subdomain

Hi.

Seems like I messed things up a bit.

My Wordpress blog used to be on my root folder, www.shatwo.com. I have created a new subdomain, www.shatwo.com/thissideup, and I would like my blog to reside there.

I moved all the Wordpress files to the new subdomain, but I can't log into wordpress itself and change the settings inside. Right now if you go to the mentioned link you will see the blog, but just in its basic xhtml code. Seems like Wordpress is unable to find style.css or my images, and I'm not sure how to tell it where to look and where to change the URLs.

When I try to log in via wp-login, I get the text fields, but not matter what I put it when I click enter, I get a 404 file not found error.

Another related issue, I would like my rootfolder blocked; right now you can see the main tree and all the sub directories. I might have a different index.htm there soon enough (I want to set up a gallery, bio, about, things like that), but in the meantime, I would like an "autoforward" to my blog.

What to do? Please help :)

In your cPanel click the phpMyAdmin button in under the Databases section.

Select you database on the left of the phpMyAdmin window and then click the SQL tab.

Paste the following line in the SQL query box and click Go.

>UPDATE `wp_options` SET `option_value` = 'http://www.shatwo.com/thissideup' WHERE `option_name` = 'siteurl';

Your wordpress blog should now load properly.

Edited by TCH-Dick
Removed my bad advise about redirecting to subdirectory

Not sure what bad advise Dick gave you that made him edit his post (so maybe I give the same) but I would:

1: Log in to cpanel

2: Scroll down to sections "Domains", click the "Redirect button"

3: Assuming the "http://(www.)?" field already have some text filled in (should be the domain name or as in my case All public domains), if it has text, skip the field after the / and go to:

4 redirects to→ and enter www.shatwo.com/thissideup in that field. Save and see if it does what you want.