Internet Explorer 8 Released

Lets hope for fellow developers out there that it is more compliant than previous versions!!!! I already have too many browsers to check ..

google chrome

firefox

ie6

ie7

opera

safari

now ie8?? :) sad times

Edited by OJB

Thanks Thomas, I already installed it tonight. I appreciate all your update posts, by the way; you're on top of it.

I use IE along with Firefox, Chrome, and Opera. Firefox is my main browser; honestly, I could get by with just one browser for my needs, but each one has its own strengths. I just have to be careful not to install too many extensions and plugins into Firefox, otherwise it gets bogged down.

Stefan

Don't want it. :)

I don´t want it either. :)

I am only installing it to have more browsers to preview sites in.

Also, they will in some time force it on to us as usual, so no matter when installing it, it will be installed some day.

To those who have already installed it...

I downloaded the file but have not yet installed it.

Are there anything I should think of when I do the install and configuring it?

I have IE, but Firefox is my browser of choice.

I just installed IE8, after setting a restore point just in case its a total piece of crap. Actually, I'll need the restore point since I plan to revert to IE7 after checking out 8 for a day or so. I'm just interested to see if this browser is compliant as advertised.

After using IE8 for a few hours, I've decided to keep it. FF is still my browser of choice, but this one has its merits.

I haven't fully checked out its compliance, but it is certainly no worse than IE7, and I like the accelerators feature.

BTW -- that is probably a good thing, because after doing a bit of research, I don't think that my idea about being able to return to 7 using a restore point would have worked anyway.

Edited by Bob Crabb

BTW -- that is probably a good thing, because after doing a bit of research, I don't think that my idea about being able to return to 7 using a restore point would have worked anyway.

I ran the Beta for a couple weeks and decided to remove it because of a couple of annoying bugs, it would crash and close or just lock after being opened for a lengthy time. Alls I did was uninstall from Control Panel (I believe) and IE 7 returned.

• 3 weeks later...
Don't want it. :clapping:

Congrats Bruce. :)

Download Squad (downloadsquad.com/2009/04/10/microsoft-to-push-internet-explorer-8-through-automatic-update/) writes today:

It's a week or so since Microsoft started sending out Internet Explorer 8 through Windows Automatic Updates for customers who installed early beta versions of the browser. But now the company is preparing to start pushing the update to users who still have older browsers including Internet Explorer 7 or 6 installed.

The update should start showing up the third week of April for Windows users running Windows XP, Vista, or Windows Server 2003 or 2008. Microsoft is planning a phased rollout, so you might not get the update right away.