austin

What's The Current Hardware Being Offered For Semi-dedicated Or De

I have the same question. I may be interested in semi-dedicated, but the TCH page doesn't look competitive with the other solutions on the market. I'm not sure if I'm missing some important considerations that TCH is offering too.

Also, have you considered doing virtual dedicated server? I saw some rates on competitors that were appealing to me, and it appears that several machines share the same physical hardware, but you are able to segregate the virtual servers from one-another (Is that what your semi-dedicated already is?).

My specific reason that has me looking at semi-dedicated and comparing TCH to outside offerings is that I have "reasonable" MySQL concurrent connections most of the time (0 to 4), but have some spikes each day where many users try to do a complex query all at once, and the server fails with too many concurrent connections. The TCH helpdesk responded to me that all of the hosting plans are limited to 25 concurrent MySQL connections (From my observations, it looks closer to 30, but I am not sure of why the server would report that).

What I would appreciate here would be response to your current offerings, some key points where you offer superior value, and maybe some clues as to other offerings that you're considering in the near future.

Hi austin and baronz,

I apologize for the lack of information on the site but the semi-dedicated plan you see is accurate but in the process of being retired. The semi-dedicated plan is essentially a large reseller account and is not a virtual dedicated server. We will be replacing the semi-dedicated plan with a virtual dedicated server offering at which time we will update the listing.

At this time we have a few virtual dedicated servers available, however we have not yet listed them as stated above. If you are interested in our virtual dedicated servers before we list them, please open a ticket or email sales@totalchoicehosting.

Thanks

the semi-dedicated plan you see is accurate but in the process of being retired. The semi-dedicated plan is essentially a large reseller account and is not a virtual dedicated server. We will be replacing the semi-dedicated plan with a virtual dedicated server offering at which time we will update the listing.

Hi Dick, I was wondering what the status is of the virtual dedicated server plan because I still see the semi-dedicated plan on the site. And if there is a virtual dedicated server plan is it possible to post some specs/prices?

Thanks very much

Ron