How Could This Happen?

youneverknow

I just hope that each patch panel has tags to which switch it goes to in which cabinet lol

I hate chasing cables to ports which most likely are on switches which have multiple Vlans conencting to other patch panels LOL

and lord knows I hope they are color coding the connections... othersie surrender.

:)

here is one of the many racks we have...as you can see having wires exposed is just a nature of the beast.

post-10977-1236487754_thumb.jpg

Edited by robertmcol

No offense Robert, but that really is not the nature of the beast. Maybe its the nature of a lazy beast?

I guess the crew at TCH is just I AM A SPAMMER about our cables.

Perhaps I should post some photos of our racks. :)

that very well may be true, but in my environment, it is not what I did, it is what I inhertited. If I could take down the production servers and do cable management it really would make my life a lot easier.

When the datacenter moves in 2010 I have a chance to do just that.

In the interim as systems get powered off or have issues, we try to move them to a newer rack where we have cleaner cabling.

I thought the color coded cable idea suggested by Robertmcol was a great idea. I sort of do this in my little home network and

it sure makes identifying individual components ins and outs more visual for troubleshooting purposes and equipment swapping.

Thanks Bill for the shots of TCH server stacks...always fun to see where my money has been well spent my last 5 years or more

with your fine company. Kudos to all on your team!!! :)

Thanks youneverknow, as much as color coding works it does not make up for clean and proper cable management.

Especially in a datacenter envrironment.

Bill, I have to say it looks like you have your cables tight and neat. kudos to you and the entire TCH team for taking care of business.

I like the kvm connections as well. I seem to never have enough of them :P

Even youy power chords Duals are wire tied , I like that very much

I probably should have taken pictures of the servers as well :)

My shot shows the patch panels where all rack switches connect.

my server racks are very similar to yours :)

none the less.. proper cable management is key.

Great job

Edited by robertmcol