Sign in to follow this  
APezz

Automatic Upgrade Is Failing

Hi,

I'm receiving the following error message when attempting to upgrade WordPress.

Warning: copy(/home/***/public_html/photojournal/index.php) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/***/public_html/photojournal/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-automatic-upgrade/wpau_upgrade.class.php on line 359

I have temporarily changed my permissions to 777, but it's not helping.

Here's the blog address: www.pezzphoto.com/photojournal

Thanks in advance for helping!

Amy

Edited by TCH-Thomas
See post below

I may have solved the problem (I didn't realize it was going to the wrong folder).

I am noticing a lot of hosting companies are touting one click WordPress upgrades. Is that something you're planning to offer?

First of all, I edited out your cpanel name. Please do not post user sensitive in a the forum such as cpanel name.

There has always been an option to upgrade automatically through the Fantastico section of your cpanel, are that what you are referring to?

If not, the only "automatic" upgrade options I think there has ever been in wordpress itself are the ones for plugins (introduced just a few versions ago) and the upgrade for the wordpress script/software which was just introduced in the current version 2.7.

Thank you!

I didn't know what Fantastico was, and never explored it. I'll have to look into it.

I've always done the plugin upgrades myself as the automatic ones often fail.

I upgrade my plugins through WordPress all the time without any problems of failing. I created a new FTP user and allow them access to the folder I installed WordPress into. Then I use that FTP user and password while using the WordPress plugin update feature.