Burn Movie On Dvd

glamorouscreations

Hi have a digital camcorder that uses 8mm tapes, and I read in my book that for me to transfer to home videos/movies I have made on it to my pc was to get a ieee firewire cable which I did, I got 1 home video/movie tranfered to my pc but it has done it in a AVI file and its to big for a dvd, what software do I need to get it converted or what software else could I use to re-transfer it to my pc in a different format so that I can put it on dvdnand watch on my home dvd player on my tv? Please anyone help me thank you

I just remembered that I have Format factory (formatoz.com), which should do what you want and it´s freeware.

To find which format that is best for your project, I would make a backup/copy of the original avi file first (just to make sure you can redo things if it goes wrong) and then try some/all of the formats it can convert to and when found go on with burning it on a dvd.

Sorry, I´ve only done a few tests myself so I don´t know which format is best and I guess it also depends if you want to make fancy menus etc too.

In my tests, I only tried the mpg format.

If you want to make menus etc, Format factory is not for this project but if you just want to convert it and later burn it on a dvd, it will do the work.

Sorry, I´ve only done a few tests myself so I don´t know which format is best and I guess it also depends if you want to make fancy menus etc too.

In my tests, I only tried the mpg format.

If you want to make menus etc, Format factory is not for this project but if you just want to convert it and later burn it on a dvd, it will do the work.

Bruce, I have that and it converts it to UFD which will not read on any home dvd player :thumbdown:

I dont know but I did it 3 times ...and it converts it to UDf and thats it but when i put it in my home dvd players it wont recognize it....even the new dvd player i just got...

I tried that program thomas said to try but im not sure what format to convert the avi file to, i tried vob but it didnt recognize that either...not even my pc...I dont know what else to do.

I just tried that (formatoz.com) And had no problems converting a AVI formatted movie to a wmp vcd format. The program works great. :thumbup1:

PS Windows movie maker will not reformat an AVI movie. I have tried that numerous times.

Edited by JTD

my problem is I used the format factory but my biggest question is what format do I convert the avi file to so that when I burn it to a dvd, that the dvd will play on our home dvd players, so far the VOB file and AVI files will not play on any of our home dvd players and these players were purchased wihin the last month.

Please all help is appreciated.