Signed And Paid... Now What?

Guest Andrew Kantor

Guest Andrew Kantor

My old Web host raised its prices, so I said, "Forget this, I'm going with ***** -- the best Web host in the country." (Well, maybe not exactly those words. :-)

So I paid $44 for a year of hosting, then $10.95 to transfer my domain name (kantor.com). Got my receipts. So... now what? I know it takes 1-12 hours for my account to process, but what's going to happen next?

I have my entire site backed up to my hard drive so I'm ready to upload it to your server. Will I get an e-mail with FTP info? Will it tell me how to access CPanel? Do you handle DNS transfers, or do I have to do that myself?

Thanks for any help! (And ya may want to consider sending a This-Is-How-It's-Going-To-Work e-mail to new hostees. :)

Andrew

Good suggestion Andrew.

Yes, you will receive a welcome email with all the info as soon as your account has been provisioned. You will be able to upload using a temp IP address until your domain name transfers completely.

For the DNS transfer, the welcome email will also have instructions for completing that. However, if you'd like Tech Support here to do that for you, simply drop a help desk ticket (also explained in the welcome email) and they can.

WELCOME Home!

Lianna

Oh, and is there a discount for adding a few more domains? I own several, but most are only a single page (www.penguinbooks.com, for example). They take up next to no space, but they are separate domains.

Andrew

Geez that was fast! Wow! I'll look for that e-mail.

And I guess I'll fill out that help-desk ticket. Network Solutions is no fun to deal with, and I do want that DNS transfer to happen quickly (before my old ISP decides to start charging me at the new rates).

We do not allow add on domains to any of our virtual hosting accounts. You may say "hey" other hosts allow this. I can only say maybe thats why your here. Dropping domains into these accounts cause high server loads and thus we dont allow it.

You would need a reseller account to do muti-domains.

Just FYI - we are running a tad behind on account setups. Seems we had a very very very busy weekend.

:) :D