What Happened To Common Sqmail?

BrianB

Apparently TCH decided to remove the "common" sqmail installation from Server46 without notifying customers of that server in advance. I had a redirect from webmail.mysite.com to www.mysite.com/sqmail/login.php, where the /sqmail was the server-common installation.

Worked yesterday, gone today. WOuld have been nice to receive an advance notice about that (and it is not even in the server46 forum). I found out when I got phone calls this evening from my users.

Second - since I had a local installation that had been customized on my webmail2.mysite.com subdomain, I tried that. This is installed in a subfolder of my public_html root. Guess what - TCH decided to change the perms on the files in the /home/mysite/.sqmail/data folder so that my local copy couldn't access the files. I had to go and manually fix all the perms.

And, no, I cannot use the mysite.com:2095/sqmail redirect, as 2095 gets blocked by the firewall at the large company where I work. Plus, I don't need users being confused by choices on a CpanelX intermediate screen.

Too bad my account just got auto-renewed for a year. I am stuck.

Is it me, or do others feel that service at TCH has declined since 5 years ago?

-Brian

The alternative installation of SquirrelMail has not been removed from your server, there is an issue with the install that will be corrected today.

However, this alternative installation may not always be available as cPanel now allows access to webmail via port 80. Should we ever decide to stop providing this alternative installation, then an announcement will be made.

And, no, I cannot use the mysite.com:2095/sqmail redirect, as 2095 gets blocked by the firewall at the large company where I work. Plus, I don't need users being confused by choices on a CpanelX intermediate screen.

Well, maybe you should be working instead of checking your personal email on company time.

Too bad my account just got auto-renewed for a year. I am stuck.

I think Head Guru gave you the option to leave if you are not happy. Good luck with your next host.

Is it me, or do others feel that service at TCH has declined since 5 years ago?

Guess it's you. I think service has improved since I moved my sites here. I have no intentions to head elsewhere.