Why Cpanel Is Not Updated To Latest Version?

chrism

Hello everybody

I would like to ask the administrators why the cPanel is not updated to the latest version?

I have installed the Joomla 1.5.4 from the cPanel (fantastico) and now i want to update to 1.5.7 or even to 1.5.8. Although at the fantastico's site shows that the latest version of Joomla is the 1.5.7 on the cPanel of the site i can see only 1.5.4.

I have also noticed that the cPanel version is 11 while on the cPanel site they are advertising the 11.24 version.

Chris

The updates for cPanel and Fantastico are pushed out automatically. TCH only uses stable builds of cPanel.

I show version 1.5.7 in my Fantastico for Joomla

Please open a ticket with the help desk if you do not.

Also, Fantastico releases are always behind production releases of the software. You would be better off learning how to install packages on your own instead of relying on Fantastico to do it for you. This way you can apply updates as soon as they are released instead of having to wait until Fantastico gets around to updating their installers and push them out to every one.

Thanks Bruce for the advice.

I know how to install the Joomla but i had many problems with the access restrictions with manual updating. I found installing and updating with the fantastico very fast and reliable.

In my cPanel i can see only 1.5.4 so i will open a ticket.

I have also noticed that the cPanel version is 11 while on the cPanel site they are advertising the 11.24 version.

If you look at cPanel's version list (http://layer1.cpanel.net), cPanel 11.24 is only available in the EDGE and CURRENT branches of cPanel. These branches get updated rather frequently and tend toward a higher deficiency rate.

TCH stays on STABLE (thank you TCH ;)) which tends toward a lower deficiency rate. cPanel 11.24 has to be pushed into the RELEASE branch before it can be pushed into STABLE.

/me remembers to make a backup in anticipation :D