Uploading Mysql Files

I have MySQL w?PHP and APache server on my local computer. I have constructed a database that I wish to upload and run the HTML/PHP that I have created.

Question 1. DO I first need to create a database with the same name on my TCH site?

Question 2. DO I just use normal FTP to upload my DATA & Database tables, if so where do I put them?

Question 3. The remote MYSQL access in cpanel, is that to be used with my local mysql administrator panel to control the database on TCH? if so what would my settings be?

THanks

welcome to the forums pcb-beachbumb :)

1. DO I first need to create a database with the same name on my TCH site?

Yes, you should create a database and and a user in cpanel, adding the user to the database.

2. DO I just use normal FTP to upload my DATA & Database tables, if so where do I put them?

You upload the database using PHPmyAdmin in cpanel. If the file is large ( over 4MB ) then I would suggest uploading the sql file to your account, then opening a ticket telling us where teh file is and the name of the database you would like it uploading in, asking us to upload it for you.

3. The remote MYSQL access in cpanel, is that to be used with my local mysql administrator panel to control the database on TCH? if so what would my settings be?

Yes, if you create the database in canel, then you could access it remotely ( and even upload the data that way). The settings would be then be the domain name, the database name, the name of teh user you have assigned to teh database, and teh password you have assigned to it. You will also need to add the IP address in cpanel of where you want to access from ( or % for anywhere ).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andy,

Ok I have created the database and uploaded the html-php, and the code is working fine. Now I am making changes and adding new info to the database on my local computer. I have uploaded the changes to the code, with no problem, but.. I can't find where the data files are located on my TCH site to upload the changes/additions to the data. How is that accomplished?

Pc-beachbum

welcome to the forums pcb-beachbumb :thumbup1:

1. DO I first need to create a database with the same name on my TCH site?

Yes, you should create a database and and a user in cpanel, adding the user to the database.

2. DO I just use normal FTP to upload my DATA & Database tables, if so where do I put them?

You upload the database using PHPmyAdmin in cpanel. If the file is large ( over 4MB ) then I would suggest uploading the sql file to your account, then opening a ticket telling us where teh file is and the name of the database you would like it uploading in, asking us to upload it for you.

3. The remote MYSQL access in cpanel, is that to be used with my local mysql administrator panel to control the database on TCH? if so what would my settings be?

Yes, if you create the database in canel, then you could access it remotely ( and even upload the data that way). The settings would be then be the domain name, the database name, the name of teh user you have assigned to teh database, and teh password you have assigned to it. You will also need to add the IP address in cpanel of where you want to access from ( or % for anywhere ).

As Andy said:

If you file is large, upload the sql file to your root folder, the one above "public_html", then open a ticket with the help desk and ask the techs to import into your database that you should have created in the MySQL section of cPanel. You will have to let the techs know the name of the database and the sql file you want imported.

You cannot access the file directly other than using the PHPmyAdmin.