Hurricane Ike

Head Guru

Terri left for high ground before the storm hit.

Ive spoke to Dick several times today, everyone is fine but neither dick nor terri have any power. They think they can get out of work from this, I think not!

Ive been answering Billling tickets for the past couple hours, I am not used to all this work. They need to restore power to them asap!!!!!!

:)

Bill

I'm glad everyone is ok but I'll feel better when I've talked to Terri myself. This is the first time I've really known and cared about someone in the path of such a storm and I have to say the concern is great. :)

Hey All,

I'm currently at my father in laws as he has managed to procure a generator for us. I will be heading back home(45 miles north of Galveston) in the next hour to try and get that going, although fuel maybe an issue.

I was able to check on Terri and she has made it back home. She has no power yet either and did receive a bit more damage to things such as her roof and a here storage building.

Things are nasty all around here but we were rather lucky and only sustained minor damage. I'm taking all the necessary steps to get Terri and I back online and comfortable until things return to normal. If needed we will put Terri up with our family if power isn't restored soon.

Thanks for all of your support and hope to be back soon.

Posted from my BlackBerry

Dick and Terri,

I'm glad that you and yours are safe. As a former Houston resident (1978 - 1981), I know all too well how low and subject to flooding that so much of the area is.

Please stay safe, and I hope that your power is restored soon.

-- Bob

I'm glad the worst is over for our Texas TCH family now. Take care, Dick and Terri.

If what we got yesterday was the "remnants" of a hurricane, I don't ever want to have to deal with one full on. There's a whole lot of cleanup going on around our fair city and thousands are without power.

Our tree blew down onto our neighbour's roof. Our yard is strewn with debris of all description. We have power on our side of the street but across the street has been without for almost 24 hours now. In fact, on our side of the street, power is out from our next door neighbour on.

My son was visiting from Canada for the first time during the storm. He was impressed although not necessarily in a positive way. LOL

I'm up for now although there is still no power at my home. I am actually staying with family closer to Galveston as they now have power in a few areas.

Dick, any more troubles with strangers ?

Thankfully no, the neighbors and I took care of that. It's not something they will do more than once around here;)

If what we got yesterday was the "remnants" of a hurricane, I don't ever want to have to deal with one full on.

As far as I know from all I seen today, yes it you were getting the rest of Ike and then it died out into Canada.

We heard from 2 friends today. One lives down by hobby airport and has her power back already. The other lives in Humble TX just north of Houston. And still has no power.

I'm not far from Hobby now and I live close to Humble on Lake Houston. Parts of Humble has power now but we those around the Lake Houston are do not due to all the downed lines.

• 2 months later...