Sign in to follow this  
Mydnyte Syn

How Do You Stop Others From Using ...

I get so annoyed when someone from one of my sites comes to me and informs me that they have received a spam e-mail that they know was not sent by me or the site, yet it has my domain name in it as being the sender. I hate spam. I think spam e-mail should be illegal - including the stupid spam emails sent out by legit places for sales purposes - and I do not ever send spam. Unless I have specifically signed up to receive information from a company, to be notified of sales, whatever, I don't want the spam. Ever! Yet, there's (I'm assuming bots (?)) that have used one of my domain's email addresses and even the domain name to distribute its spam. I even get these things in my own account that is supposedly sent to myself by me! Of course, when its stripped down, you see that it is in fact not from me, but this is extremely aggravating. Is there any way at all to prevent this from happening?

I hope that made sense, lol.

It's called spoofing and there isn't a thing you can do about it. If you own a domain it's going to happen.