Can I Do A Little Bragging?

torvan

Hi Gang,

I bought a new iMac on December 19th. I freed myself from the Windows world entirely-save for the XP I have on a VMWare Fusion that I rarely launch now. I have only had to reboot this machine three times--all for software updates. Three times and we are getting close to a full year. When I had my WinBox-three times a month was a rare record. The Win laptop (A Toshiba) still plugs along-after the fourth reinstall of Windows in four years.

Are there things I don't like? Sure-nothing is perfect. But man-I just had to brag a little about this.

Cheers,

Troy

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I'm not a big fan of leaving computers running 24/7 unless it is working so I've never had an issue with rebooting. And before now I have happily had my desktop (Vista) running for 7 weeks and only turned it off because I had finished what I was doing (I was running it as a test server for one of my scripts).

:) Congrats Troy! Glad you could find a system that works well for your use.

I love my MacBook Pro. For me it's generally OS X or Linux, I don't like to use Windows unless I have to, and when I do, it's just a VM session anymore.