samporras

Looking For An Old Thread

Hi guys.

I remember reading a thread a little over a year ago that talked about some people experiencing issues with certain ISPs. I'm not sure if the ISP was blocking communication on certain ports or if they were blocking an entire website. I tried searching for it, but could not find it.

I have user that is not able to access a site i created for him from his office (tried multiple computers within...able to access from other locations). I asked if they were running any firewall software and he informed me they were not. They just have a standard router and all the computers connect from there. Now I haven't seen this myself, so he could be wrong, but I was just trying to think of all possibilities. His ISP is AT&T.

Does anyone know the thread i'm talking about or have any ideas?? Any help would be great. :)

Thanks,

Sam

Edited by samporras

I don't remember the thread but it could be a number of reasons he cannot access the site.

Most commonly there is a block from their network. Second would be a block on their particular PC (Netnanny or any other blocking software installed). They could be blocked in TCH's firewall. You would need their IP and open a ticket with the help desk asking that it be checked.

Short of that, can they access it from their home? They can try a proxy service at their work location and see if they can access it that way.

Thanks for the help bruce.

I'm thinking it might be something on their network because he can not view from any computer within his office. He is able to access the site from his home and other locations (not in his office). I'm not really familiar with proxy services. Can you explain (or send me a link) on how that would work? In the meantime I will get the IP address of the office and open up a ticket.

Thanks again :)

Sam

You can read about proxy servers here.

Basically if you can connect to the proxy server your requests can be anonymous and all traffic is routed to you from the proxy server itself.

Here is one to try. Youhide.com