Cpanel Awstats

Several questions:

1) In the Cpanel awstats under "links from external page", there is an entry: http://jendar.tchmachines.com/~(myloginname). When I click on that link I go to what appears to be my website; however, it isn't served up right. All the includes files are not working except the ones at the bottom of the page. There are several different errors listed for the includes files on the page. It's weird that the includes at the bottom are working and when I click on those links, I go to my normal functioning website.

I have noticed in the "latest visitors" section an IP address belonging to TCH has been crawling just my includes files. I am assuming that this is related to the broken website. Questions: why is my server linking to my site as an external page and why is my server crawling my includes files? My website is functioning normally when visiting it in the usual way.

2) Why is my .net domain that is parked on my .com domain have its css file as, indicated under "links from an external page," to my .com site?

All (correct!) answers will be gratefully accepted.

marlene :yes:

I would assume the links to the tchmachines listed would be from you by clicking on a link in your welcome email or some such.

As for why your .net domain is serving up a .css file from your .com domain is because that's the way it is being referenced in your pages I would assume.

Hmmmm. I've had my site up for quite some time now and this event has just been happening for the past couple of weeks. So, I'm not sure what you mean by the welcome email.

If I password protect the includes files, will that prevent anyone, bot or otherwise, from accessing the files directly? If not, is there a way to prevent the server from accessing the files on its own?

I don't know if this is an issue to be concerned about, but it just bothers me.

marlene