Setting-up Some Automated Commands

andypeat

Hi.

I am currently looking for an FTP solution that will help with processing images from a webcam.

I have a securitywebcam (from Panasonic) that can transfer still images to an FTP site.

I then have to download them and convert them to a movie.

Is it possible to automate some of this? Maybe on a daily basis to archive the images into an easily downloadable file and delete the folder ready for the next day. Even going further to converting the set of files to a quicktime movie.

I am currently using a free FTP site that is annoying to download from so any info would help me to decide if a real FTP server would benefit.

Just so you know; I did have an account with you several years ago (I hope I don't owe you money :blink: ) but didn't need it any more. But you are still the first place I look.

thanks

With a regular hosting account you would have FTP. You can also find an FTP client that allows for scripts to be run. I know CuteFTP can run scripts which would automate some of it. But since the image file names will change it may be difficult.

And you can check out the second post in the automated backup thread which may help.

Thank you for the speedy reply.

So the link does show there are ways around my problem. and I read that ImageMagik may also give some solutions - so I need to learn more.

One more question for now. Well 2.

1. Can I point 2 web addresses at a silver account? (www.thingy1.com and www.thingy2.com)

2. Also. do you know what is happening to the sign-up and payment page as twice now it has said there is an error and I need to come back later.

One last question - any chance of some extra goodies to sweeten the sign-up?

thanks

Andy

1. Can I point 2 web addresses at a silver account? (www.thingy1.com and www.thingy2.com)

Only if they point to the same entry point. You cannot host two domains serving different content without having multiple accounts or a reseller account.

2. Also. do you know what is happening to the sign-up and payment page as twice now it has said there is an error and I need to come back later.

No, I have no idea why you would be receiving an error. Turn off any web blocking software you may have running and try again.

One last question - any chance of some extra goodies to sweeten the sign-up?

Like what? With the price of hosting and what you get I don't know what kind of goodies you would expect. Oh, wait! We have this friendly forum that you get for no extra charge. :blink:

Like what? With the price of hosting and what you get I don't know what kind of goodies you would expect. Oh, wait! We have this friendly forum that you get for no extra charge. :)

I have no idea, but it never hurts to ask :blink: