Paypal

marlene

I use Dreamweaver MX and they have a wonderful behavior from WebAssist that inserts Paypal buttons. It's super easy to use; however, after I inserted the code into my page, I saw that the button code has my Paypal account/website email blatantly displayed.

Since I am very paranoid of email harvesters, this does not sit well with me.

I tried to use the encrypted button off Paypal's site, but when I tested it from my page, my business name was no where and no description of the product was there, just the price. I've purchased things from businesses using Paypal and they have their company name, etc., as well as the product info.

Does anyone know how to encrypt the email address within the coding of the button AND do the setup at Paypal so the "invoice" has more than just the price?

BTW, I'm somewhat technically challenged, so please be gentle with your answer!

marlene :o

I've purchased things from businesses using Paypal and they have their company name, etc., as well as the product info.

PayPal offers three types of accounts, Personal, Premier, and Business. If you want to have your company name inserted on your PayPal payment pages, you will have to upgrade to a Business account.

You can read more about this at https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cm...usiness#special

Thanks for the info Bruce and Dick. I do have a business account at Paypal, but I must have something set wrong because it won't insert the business name.

I will check out the email coding angle.

Again, many thanks!

marlene