Help With Forums And Traffic

Mae

I've had my forum set up for some time. I get views on the view posts I've made, but I can't get anyone to register and post. My website has gotten over 50,000 hits, but I can't get any registered users on my forums. Any ideas to get it moving?

Well, you missed an opportunity to publicize it right here.

Put a link to your forum in your signature here, so we can see what the problem might be, and do the same when you sign up to other forums if allowed.

Edited by stevesh

Agrees with Steve, plus...

• backlinks (ie have others link to you)
  • put a signature link in your emails
  • and most important of all as far as I know, content that your intended visitors finds interesting. If not interesting enough a visitor may consider to not come back.

I do all of that for my website. I guess I need to be more aggessive with my forums. Okay - new question. I have the forum set up from here. Does anyone have an idea for the best way to set up a contest? I thought I would give away a handcrafted beaded lanyard (I make jewelry. The site is for teachers). I want it to be set up so everyone who signs up and posts (is there a way to monitor more than once?) on the forum gets in the drawing. How do I keep track of who signs up? What's the easiest way to put their names into the drawing? Any thoughts?

The easiest would probably be to do as TCH usually do, start a new thread in your forum and ask everyone that want to participate to reply with the answer to a question or post a photo (as in the TCH contests) etc. That way you can easily keep track on (probably) everything.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...