Miriam

Email Forwarders Disappearing

Has anyone else experienced email forwarders going missing? I had a client forward a bounced email to me, I checked his cpanel, and sure enough, all of his forwarders were gone. I then went through all of my other clients, and sure enough, randomly, 3 other clients had lost their forwarders.

Does this happen when cpanel gets updated? This is a little unnerving. Is this an issue for the help desk?

Miriam

Miriam,

Forwards aren't allowed to several domains because of SPAM complaints that can result in our servers getting blacklisted from sending ANY mail to those (and other) domains.

If you add a forward to aol accounts, aim accounts, hotmail accounts, msn accounts, comcast accounts, or yahoo accounts, the forward will be deleted from cpanel.

Forwards to these domains have resulted in numerous complaints from users, and we threaten the ability of all TCH users to send even standard e-mail to these accounts when we allow forwards to these accounts.

It's a pain, I know, but it is better for the community that TCH has taken this action.

Several threads to reference:

http://www.totalchoicehosting.com/forums/i...showtopic=16053

http://www.totalchoicehosting.com/forums/i...showtopic=31202

http://www.totalchoicehosting.com/forums/i...showtopic=29236

http://www.totalchoicehosting.com/forums/i...showtopic=34813

If these forwarders are to the services listed in the links in Pauls post, it is correct.

If these forwarders are to the services listed in the links in Pauls post, it is correct.

Actually, they were going to gmail accounts. Is that also not permitted?

GMail was permitted last time I checked. May want to open a ticket with the help desk and see.

Forwards aren't allowed to several domains because of SPAM complaints that can result in our servers getting blacklisted from sending ANY mail to those (and other) domains.

Paul...thanks for the explanations. Some of my forwarders had disappeared as well, and this perfectly explains it.

Edited by nortk

I have seen the same problem on server 83 and the forwards were to addresses within the same domain name.

For example: abuse@yourdomainname.com forwarded to robert@yourdomainname.com was kicked out of the system several times,

Sometimes there are just "Ghosts in the System" we all have to live with.

Robert

I notice that I have the same problem but with a slight difference.

I usually have a few forwards for the same address. Each time a new policy is added to restrict forwards (such as the newer Yahoo restriction) all forwards get deleted, even those that are not restricted.

For instance:

email@tchdomain1.com forwards to something@yahoo.com

also:

email@tchdomain1.com forwards to mail@tchdomain2.com

When Yahoo the yahoo policy was put in place BOTH of the forwards above were deleted. I understand deleting the Yahoo forward but both seems excessive and unfair. This has happened several times to me without warning or error. I've lost a lot emails because of this.

Steve

I am not sure what parameters the script uses to delete the forwards so you may want to open a ticket with the help desk and ask them why both were removed.