Page Width Freaks In Opera

Deverill

Can someone please take a look at my page at Covenant Word Church and see if they can tell me why Opera freaks out on the page width.

From work and home, when I view it in opera it ends up something like 2400 pixels wide. I view it fine in IE6, Firebird 0.6 and Netscape 7.0 and have gone over the sources so it really has me baffled. I even tried the standard skin in Opera just in case it was something screwey with that.

If you need to know anything behind the scenes please ask - this is an interesting one indeed.

Thanks for checking on it guys.

It's still wide in mine so I'll focus on something particular to my Opera install.

I'll repost here if I find it.

Mine is Opera 7.11 Build 2880

Maybe it's a new functionality of the latest builds of Opera. Hmmm, thanks for the lead - I'll see if I can find anything.

I have solved your problem if you havn't already,

The problem lies within your stylesheet. [CwcStyle.css]

the very last line is

.normalIndented { font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; float: none; height: auto; width: 100%; margin-left: 10px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; clear: none; text-indent: 5pt}

Remove or alter the 100% and your page leaps back into life.

Opera thinks you want the sentences to be 100% long and not break, hence why your page is as long as the longest sentence.

Thumbs Up

:hug: - oOoh new smiley. I like!!

I have solved your problem if you havn't already,

Opera thinks you want the sentences to be 100% long and not break, hence why your page is as long as the longest sentence.

Awww, you beat me to it!

I JUST NOW, through process of elimination, determined the same thing. I am thankful for your post though because I had no clue why. What you said makes sense though!

I was trying to get the box to be 100% of the width of the page no matter how wide the text was, and due to that misinterpretation of how CSS works it blew up. Dreamweaver didn't help much by making it easy to use without understanding. One problem with UIs and making things easy I guess.