Cpanel Port

• 2 months later...
Sorry there used to be a way to use a proxy to connect to port 80 but I don't think it is possible any longer.

I've just run into a snag where ports 2082/2083 are not open to me any longer. I was unsuccessful in getting these ports opened by the powers to be.

I posted about this in January, 2006, but was able to get to the ports needed. Now I'm completely blocked.

Is there a reason why proxying through port 80/443 has been disallowed?

Does anyone have any alternative solutions I can try to get around this?

I did try to find a public proxy, but most are blocked as well using a blacklist. Those that I could reach were unreliable.

Edited by jmfrey

cPanel has provided new options to prevent these types of issues, however, we have not had a chance to test them. Please open a ticket with the subject, cPanel Ports Att: Management, and we will look into the new setup today.

cPanel has provided new options to prevent these types of issues, however, we have not had a chance to test them. Please open a ticket with the subject, cPanel Ports Att: Management, and we will look into the new setup today.

Thanks, will do so now.