Recent Spike In Spam

KellBell

Hello everyone,

I'm a very casual user. I have a domain (which is my last name) and TCH hosts my very small family site with pictures etc. I use the domain primarily for the email ease (firstname@lastname.ca) About half a year ago spam volumes were getting crazy but suddenly, for some reason, they dramatically dropped on the order of 90%. They went from over a hundred a day on many of our accounts down to 5-10, of which my 3rd party spam filter (popfile) was very good at identifying correctly. I have attributed this rapid drop to some technology or software the TCH must have employed. Of course I have no evidence to support that position, its just what I imagined must have happened. Things went along well for the next half year and then suddenly a few weeks back the spam went through the roof again, jumping back up to over a hundred a day, in what seemed like an overnight increase.

My question is has there been anything TCH has done or changed that my have accounted for these changes. If so how do I change it back. I was so nice to get only a few (<10) spam a day.

Thanks very much and keep up the great work at TCH.

Kelly