Pick the best logo!  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Help us pick the best image.

• I prefer Logo 1
    • I prefer Logo 2
    • They both are great
    • I dont like either of them

Hello TCH Family,

We have been working on a logo and business design for a new TCH startup. I can not get into details right now on information concerning the new company so for now. I will be posting more details on the new company soon.

Anyways back to our little dilemma. We can not choose the best logo. So we need you to help us by voting for what logo you like better.

Here are the two Logo Proofs.

LOGO 1

mcn3.jpg

LOGO 2

mcn4.jpg

=========================================

I have made this a poll for us to easily track results. However, we would love to read feedback from the TCH family as well.

Thanks to everyone working on this project, good work so far guys!

Bill

I voted 2. It just looks cleaner. Although I think it might even look better with the banner in black instead of red but keeping the style of logo 2's banner. (I'd have to see it to know for sure).

I voted #2 feeling that the words MOTORCITY NETWORKS stood out better on the red than the black. It could be that the italic font on #1 wasn't as easy to read. It's a business logo so the business name must be seen clearly. Just my 2 cents.

The banner on #2 becomes the focal point. Pipes are secondary in this one so I voted for #1. I like the size of banner, seems more consistent with overall size, allows the rest of the design to speak but would prefer that banner not be black.

Note re overall design: Shield with black banner across it looks like a police shield with a black band on it signifying lost officer, often shield is covered for funerals, etc.

Edited by Samrc

The banner on #2 becomes the focal point. Pipes are secondary in this one so I voted for #1. I like the size of banner, seems more consistent with overall size, allows the rest of the design to speak but would prefer that banner not be black.

Note re overall design: Shield with black banner across it looks like a police shield with a black band on it signifying lost officer, often shield is covered for funerals, etc.

As a former firefighter and having had to wear a memorial/mourning band myself, I just don't see it. This is just a simple ribbon with text and does not wrap around the shield. Ribbons on the bottom of a badge usually contain things like department, location, rank and while black is not common color so departments use black on gold/silver. The shield you see in the logo is the original US highway route marker used from the 20's - 70's. However, I do understand the thought that it resembles a badge, as both the shapes of the route markers and some badges originate from the basic shape of the shield on the US Great Seal.

Just my thought and a bit of history-not trying to pick on anyone-so please don't take it that way because you were not the first to say it looks like a badge.

As for the logo I voted for #1 but since we couldn't decide, I leave it in your hands.

I voted for #1. Both designs are nice, but I agree with the majority. The first one has a clean and more of a professional look to it. #2 's ribbon banner is a little too big.

I personally like the shield's shape, as it does have the look of the earlier days of road signs. Since it is 'bout "motor city", it fits right in!

Here is a few thoughts!! You might use the ribbon banner from #2 and scale it down smaller to an appropriate size and place it where #1's black banner is. Maybe have #1's banner in white with black letterin' and border (unsure of this one as it could be too much white). Might try havin' the banner with the same yellowish color with the letterin' and border in black!

Which ever one is chosen for this new company, it'll look spiffy!! :)

I like them both but I DO think the #2 ribbon tries to overpower so..............

I vote #1.