If you are using firefox I would install the web developer toolbar to change things like this.

- When installed, visit your blog.

- Then in the css menu, go to "view" style information" and choose it.

- Then hover over for example "home" and click on that word and you should get a red border around it and on the lower part of firefox you should see the css file.

- In that css file you would now see something like "#navigation ul li a" (can be named something else in your css)

- Copy the line saying "#navigation ul li a", then in the css menu, disable the view style...

- Then in the same menu choose "Edit css", in the lower part of firefox you now see your css file in edit mode, paste "#navigation ul li a" in to the search box, and click the magnifier.

- If all works as wanted, you will now see the css for "#navigation ul li a" and in there you find the font size and can change it.

- When done, save the file (disc icon) to your computer and upload the file to the folder where current css file is.

oh really i actually tried that last night from 1.0em to 10px and boy the text was small lol so i changed it bk guess i should maybe try 12px huh? also another qestion im designing another theme, i actually purchased a blank template this trip and the bgmain.gif image is tall-thin is it possible to make it bigger?

I don't want to get too much into the debate here about pixel v's em - but generally pixels is great for what it looks like on your computer and doesn't easily allow others ( say with poor eyesight) to change it, so em's is a better way of doing things for complete flexibility.

If you haven't made any changes on your system, and use defaults - then 1em = 16px (12px would be 0.75em etc).

You can change image sizes, yes, although you can often lose a bit of quality in doing so. Any graphics package should be ab;e to do that for you ( eg irfanview).

i dont know ive tried everything and when i change my text half the text is connect to one side of the template and half the text is connected to the right side of the template and half is in em and have is in px there has got to be a better way of this ....please if anyone can help me id appreciate it alot. one side is in very small text and now i cant get it to change but when i do the other side of text goes even bigger ......please help thank you

Maybe this will help you: SITE LINK

Aa quote from this page states:

li

The #sidebar li assigns a style to the actual list item. Here you can set the format to include a bullet or not. You can also change the font, font-size, or color, and you can even add borders.

Scroll down about 1/3 of the page until you see: li

Hope this helps.

Edited by ZacD

ive done all that sweety, and everytime i change one thing of font size it messes up the other side , i will prob have to paste the code to show what i mean, i have a 3 column template , the right column text and the comment text are the same, the left column text and the comment heder text are the same so every time i change one it messes up the other so thats what i will do is post the code here if that is ok so please let me know id kindly appreciate it. thank you

Did you do as Thomas suggested and install Firefox and the Web Developer Toolbar plugin for Firefox? With that browser and plugin you would be able to edit your CSS file while looking at your site. Then you save the CSS file and upload it once you've made all the changes you want. It makes the whole process so much easier.

As for the comment font size look somewhere in the CSS file for tags that contain "comments".

Whenever I'm searching for a particular piece of code within my CSS I use FF Web Developer. It permits me to make and see changes before they become a permanent part of the CSS. It's a bit of trial-and-error but it helps me acquaint myself with the code within the CSS and makes future changes much easier. I highly recommend you try Web Developer. :clapping:

okie , i havent had time to install ff but i will not, thank you and i finally figured out the comments section, the text for that is under the page area in my css file which is odd lol its in % instead of px or em lol , now i have a css error but its for the scrollbar color, so not sure how to fix that? any suggestions, atleast i keep passing the html validation errors lol