Movable Type

andib478

i just installed movable type today, got it up and running. But now, im playing with the templates, of course im just finding some off the web & installing them, but that is temporary until i can figure out how to change the other templates over to the main page template. Does anyone know how to help me?

I'd be very careful of "barrowing" other people's templetes unless they have given you permission. Not against the law, but it'll get you on a few people "bad" side pretty quick. Now for learning or experimenting I'd say it's okay, but anything else you might want to make sure they are open to the public to use.

Each template has it's own point of "being". I wouldn't change those all up right now. Instead you might try playing with changing the stylesheet of the blog your working on. Thats where you'll get most of the control issues down and all. MoveableType has some free default style sheets I'd recomend you check out if you want something to play with right now.

oh no.. im not "borrowing" i have gone to a few sites that offer them for download. Linkware. I myself am a graphic artist & know exactly what "borrowing" does. I would never do that intentionally. I just have to trust that where i download from, is reputable. Seemed like they were. But i digress

Ive been trying to understand the templates, what makes up what & its driving me insane, i have been at it all day. Oh well, maybe sometime this life time i will figure it out. Thanks anyway.