Wordpress 2.5 Is Here!

Backup first! I was upgrading a test blog and didn't back up first. I deleted my themes and plugins by mistake. Had to get Andy to restore them for me.

I have upgraded a test blog and so far it's working fine. One new feature I like is the ability to a update plugin by clicking a link. You provide an FTP login and it downloads, extracts and installs it for you.

Well, I dove in and all seems well. All my plugins but "Popularity Contest" are working.

PC won't activate, and WP says there is a fatal error. At least it's nice enough to tell you ahead of time.

I updated another test blog today and it is working just fine. Guess I will update all my other blogs tomorrow. And for the first time with a major update this one didn't break my theme! :tchrocks:

I don't like the new admin interface but it's just because I'm not used to it yet.

I dont like the new widgets page, but it´s probably same here, I am not used to it yet, apart from that, the tests I done looks good. :)

If all goes well I will go live on my other sites on Monday.

Now we all know what Bruce do at work. :tchrocks:

All the blogs I administer have been updated. Only have one with an issue. Clicking links using the Now Reading plugin are reporting a 404 error. Not sure what is causing that. I haven't updated the .htaccess yet, so that may resolve that issue.

• 2 weeks later...