Bouncing Emails To One Domain

Hi, All. I have a problem going on that I'd thought I'd post here to see if anyone else has experienced this and has some thoughts/solutions.

BTW, I have already put a ticket in on this (yesterday morning) to the Help Desk. Although they did finally reply at 5pm yesterday that they had "tweaked" the server and the problem should be fixed in a few hours, the problem is still ongoing this morning. Since Tech Support is moving rather slow on this and the problem is preventing us to communicate with two customers, I am anxious to get a fix on this any way I can. My hope is that it might be something in our email settings (rather than the server) that I can fix myself and that someone here might know about it from their own experience.

The Problem:

We cannot send mail to one particular domain - @mac.com. The emails are getting bounced back to us with this error message:

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

xxxxxxx@mac.com

retry time not reached for any host after a long failure period

The emails are immediately bounced back and there is no delay as the above message seems to indicate. I have read some things about IMAP settings for Mac based email and am wondering if there is something I should be setting there. Or anything else I should be looking at?

Thanks very much for any thought sharing on this!

Patti Stoll

That is an error when one mail server isn't able to route mail to another, and gives up after trying for a certain, predefined amount of time. This happens fairly frequently, sometimes with comcast, sometimes other ISPs as well.

Doubtful anyone in the forums will be able to help with this issue.

That is an error when one mail server isn't able to route mail to another, and gives up after trying for a certain, predefined amount of time. This happens fairly frequently, sometimes with comcast, sometimes other ISPs as well.

Doubtful anyone in the forums will be able to help with this issue.

Thanks for the reply, Bruce! I knew it was a long shot. Let's just hope that Tech gets it figured out soon.

The issue was a routing problem between the server your account is hosted and mac.com. This is something which we have no control over. I altered the traffic to take another route. But it takes time to get propagated, that is the reason why I asked you to give it time, again a change which has to be picked up across the internet. The issue is now resolved, a test email I sent got delivered to the @mac account you mentioned in the ticket without any issues. I have updated the ticket as well.

Apologies for the inconveniences caused, but this is how internet works. lots of things beyond our scope of support. I hope you understand :)