Looking For Template Help

adorablepixels07

When installing through fantastico it will take care of the whole installation for you.

It will ask you some questions through the installation, example in which folder you want it installed, which admin name and password you want and so on, apart from that it will create it all for you.

• 2 weeks later...

You install the theme files in the wp-content/themes folder. Each theme has it's own folder and the folder name is usually the theme name.

You can upload the .zip file of the theme to the wp-content/theme folder and use the File Manager to extract it. Or extract the .zip file on your PC and upload the entire theme folder to wp-content

You set which theme you are going to use in the administration panel.

i have tried all day long to get a similar layout like on the above link in my first topic i really do wish someone would come along and help me ....all the tutorials ive found only shows how to set up a basic css file and nothing more.... ok something more in lines of this will be good for me to start with and no i cant ask them for help as they are a buisness selling these templates ......

please anyone help me i really do wanna learn this

http://www.cdhostndesign.com/im/cdhnd-templ-3col-v1-samp.jpg

Edited by TCH-Dick

i have an error, please help me with how do i fix this....

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home2/idznvbv/public_html/wordpress/wp-content/themes/Sweet Daisy/footer.php on line 5

is this a file that you have modified recently? If so, it is really easy to wipe out a punctuation mark, paren, etc that will cause a syntax error.

Please post the contents of /themes/Sweet Daisy/footer.php enclosed in code tags so we can have a look.

Ok,

I had a look. The problem is that div id footer should be a child element of div id container. Instead, it resides inside another div that is inside div id content. That is why everything in the footer is offset to the right by 30 px.

I ran it through the validator, and you have some errors, but I didn't get into the specifics. A couple of things that did stand out, however is an extraneous div tag preceding the footer div tag, and an extraneous end paragraph tag after your footer link.

All I can really do is to point you in the right direction. What I am looking at is the html for the page after it is generated by the WP script, but in a WP template, that markup comes from several places, so I'm not sure what came from where.

I will share with you a great tool to use in page design and troubleshooting -- that is the Web Developer Tool Bar for Firefox. Using the outline block level elements tool in the toolbar, is how I found where your footer is as opposed to where you want it to be.

I want to say a BIG THANK YOU to bob crab for taking his precious time to help me fix all or most errors in my theme, i am glad he helped me and thank him for this .....If u need anything in return from me bob crab please dont hesitate to ask me ok. thank you i sent u one more pm . thank you so much to all who did help me or atleast try to.

thanks im just trying to figure out why my center framing has a 2 in bg around it , it over comes the main bg .....but other then that so far everything is ok ....but if u got insights as to how i can rid of the outside center section bg so its all evens out with my main bg ill be happy lol thank you

What you call the center framing and the background around it are all part of the same image.

You have a background image in the header, in the container, and in the footer -- or at least from what I remember of your CSS file. From what I remember, looking at the site yesterday evening, the body background color and the outer edges of those images blended prior to your adding a background image to the body.

Placing a background image in the body, and therefore creating a contrasting background to those images overlaid in subordinate elements, you will see the opaque background images of child elements. In order to create the illusion of the framing overlaying the body background, you would have to edit those images, making parts of them transparent. Or, the better solution might just be to create a new set of background images in which you create the frame layered over a transparent background.

ok what i did it i took the center framing images with the green border and made the outside bg gone and saved as transparent but when i went to go readd them it really screwed them up even though i adjusted the sides and such so what am i missing hehehe im starting to figure out alot just from all uve said which i do thank you alot for i even went to remove the bg color from the header and if u go see it messed it so am going to refix it bk the old way till i figure this all out im getting a wordpress for dummies book tomorrow to help me as well