namaste

Where To Find Info On Updating Php-nuke...

Finally ran out of areas to look, so having made the effort perhaps someone can assit me here via this forum. I note via cPanel that the latest version of PHP-Nuke is 7.9, and we are using 7.8. I assume that using Fantastico this upgrade would be carried out somewhat akin to when I upgrade to the latest System Version on my personal computer, i.e., it's 'done for me' in as much as I need only d/l the upgrade and 2xclick -- I do not need to have any techie knowledge. "Installation complete, Restart required!" Cpanel gives me the precautionary note that; "Click on Upgrade only if - no files, languages, themes have been modified - you haven't added mods to this installation of PHP-Nuke Info: Your current installation will be backed up." Eh.eh. Da.da.da... I decided I really did not have enough info on what is really asked of me here. We do run add-on, e.g. phpBB, NuCalendar, Picture Gallery. I will have a look at the PHP-Nuke site for help, but thought perhaps someone hereabouts might be able to offer some assistance. Thank You.

George

If you have modified your theme or added modules it's possible updating through cPanel will break your installation. I am not familiar with using the upgrade features of Fantastico as I install my scripts the old fashioned way, manually.

I would suggest making a backup of your entire site in cPanel and download it to your computer before applying the update. If it breaks your install, you can upload the backup and have one of the techs restore it for you.

I can help you with phpnuke. But please PM me.